VIEW VIDEO CLIP OF THIS TRIP ON WILD WEEKEND TV!
SEE WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS TRIP!
Cost: $199 per person plus 5% local sales tax
Trip Duration: Approximately 7.5 hours roundtrip
Trip Activities: Hiking, Glacier trekking with crampons
Trip Rating: Challenging (please see important note below -minimum age requirement is 12 unless booking a private trip with us).
1/2 hour - Van Transport to Trailhead
1/2 hour - Gear Orientation
2 1/2 hour - Trail Hike to Glacier
1 hour - Glacier Trekking with Crampons
2 1/2 hour - Trail Hike Back to Parking Lot
1/2 hour - Van Transport Back to Town
We Provide: Certified guide, mountaineering gear, backpack, rain jacket and pants, hearty snack/bottled water (we prefer you bring your own reusable water bottle on the trip), roundtrip van transportation from downtown Juneau.
You Bring: Comfortable hiking shoes or boots, comfortable hiking pants, warm hat, fleece gloves, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
Important Trip Notes:
- Our glacier trips cater to all ages and abilities, however, you must be in good enough shape to hike for up to 6-6.5 hours, covering over 8 miles roundtrip. All cilents will need to hike with a backpack the entire way on this trip. We provide a backpack and it weighs approximately 10-15 pounds and holds mountaineering gear, snacks/water, and extra clothing that you bring.
- The first mile of the trail is well maintained and goes through forests with a few switchbacks. The remaining two and a half miles of the trail are very off the beaten path and requires hiking on bedrock with rock scrambling on steep sections. It's important to have sturdy hiking boots that provide good ankle support while hiking on the rocky terrain. For a relatively fit group, it takes a little over two hours to hike to the glacier.
- On all our glacier trips, we can't guarantee how much exact time you will get on the glacier with crampons. The amount of time you get on the glacier is dependent on your group's pace and weather conditions for the day. Most groups get over an hour on the glacier with crampons.
- We prefer clients not schedule other excursions directly before or after our trip. Please let us know if you do have another excursion booked on the same day, as we need to make a note of this in your booking form.
* Family Friendly Adventure
Back to Day Trips